Thursday, November 5, 2009

Red Boa Scarf

So I was surfing the wed and found these really cool scarfs....but here's the kicker, no pattern. So I decided to try and create my own, and so began the red boa scarf. I love it and it looks a little "lean" in the picture but really is quite thick. I'm not sure how warm it will be but I guess if you wanted extra warm you could just add another row at the end. So remember I'm not good at patterns but here are some half way written directions.

chain 220.
1st row: into each stitch do two double crochet turning each stitch so that you are spiraling around the first chain.
2nd row: per 2 double crochet do one 5 chain (meaning you will start at end and do a chain of 5 skip over two double and link beside third.) It will be kind of like you are making a flower.
3rd row: per each 5 chain bunch a string of 4 quadruple crochets on top. until end.

I know it sounds silly but I have also provided a chart in hopes it will help.

No comments: